180+ arrests on Occupy Wall St. anniversary — in pictures

by Jerome Roos on September 18, 2012

Post image for 180+ arrests on Occupy Wall St. anniversary — in pictures

Police crackdown on Occupy continues as over 180 are arrested during the peaceful celebration of the movement’s first anniversary in Lower Manhattan.

Here’s an interesting statistic, via the non-profit group St. Pete for Peace, which runs the website Occupy Arrests:

Total amount of Occupy protesters arrested nationwide since the birth of the movement one year ago: at least 7,618, including 181 in New York yesterday. Total amount of bankers convicted since Wall Street’s suprime mortgage fraud and derivatives swindle nearly brought the global economy to its knees and forced the 99% to bail out the 1% to the tune of trillions of dollars: 0. This is the injustice we are fighting. Once again, Paul Weiskel‘s photos speak volumes.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Allan Davies Madsen September 18, 2012 at 19:47

Thank you from Denmark!! We are with you! Sharing!!

Katlynn September 19, 2012 at 07:10

Looks like the cops did everything they could to be as rash and rude and controlling as possible. How do they sleep at night, I am thankful for the full on face shots, Face recognition software dose work 2 ways, Keep the face shots coming, I think the churches and home places of such men should have a full on view! I like the idea of a cop wall of shame, Or even bad cop trading cards we call sell at the next one!! Who are the true maggots?? They are,,Keep the face shots coming! I shall make them sorry they have no brains

Cory Sutherland September 19, 2012 at 08:45

I am PROUD of all the People committed to making the World a better place for future generations.
I wish I can travel there and stand with you.
HOKA!

D-Max Samson September 19, 2012 at 12:20

Solidarity from Québec City. I’m sharing as much as I can.

mister e September 20, 2012 at 20:04

new tactic of the day, stand on peoples feet and bush them over so they hit their head on the sidewalk. that way no one videos them hitting people with nightsticks.

# OCCUPY HISPANIA - IBERIA - LUSITANIA - INDIGNADOS # January 27, 2013 at 12:21